bird watching BG

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Favorite Chili


This is my all time favorite chili. I cant even remember where I got the recipe because it was so long ago but I know I have changed things over the years also so its basically my own recipe :) I absolutely love it.


Ingredients :

1 Large Onion
3 Stalks of Celery
1 Red Pepper
Canola Oil
1/4 Cup of Chili Powder
2 (15oz) Cans of Kidney Beans
3 (15oz) Cans of Decided Tomatoes
Quinoa (I use 1 cup of uncooked-2 cups of water)
3 or 4 Cups of Water


Directions:

1.Cook Quinoa, follow directions on bag while preparing the rest of the chili
2.Cut onion, pepper and celery and cook with canola oil in a large sauce pot.
3.Add chili powder, beans (with or without liquid), tomatoes (with liquid), cooked quinoa and water.
4. Cook 30 minutes and ADD SALT AND PEPPER


Note: the salt and pepper is what gives it flavor and brings out the best of it so do not forget to add. It tastes rather bland without it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment