So I bought Babycakes amazing cook book recently and have loved everything Ive tried so far. It is very very particular and you have to follow directions perfectly. It also calls for some pretty uncommon things so it isnt something I use weekly or anything but it is a nice treat.
These blueberry muffins turned out PERFECT. So yummy and because of the ingredients, I didnt feel terrible for eating the entire batch (okay, Levi did help a little).
2 1/4 cups Whole Spelt Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
2/3 Cup Agave Nectar
2/3 Cup Rice Milk
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Pure Lemon Extract
2/3 Cup Fresh Blueberries
1.Preheat oven to 325 and line standard 12 muffin tin with liners.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add the oil, agave nectar, rice milk, vanila and lemon extract to the dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth.
4. Using a spatula, gently fold in the blueberries until they are evenly distributed throughout batter.
5. Pour 1/3 batter into each prepared cup, almost filling it.
6. Bake muffins on center rack for 22 minutes, rotating the tin 180 degrees after 15 minutes.
7. The finished muffins will bounce back slightly when pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
8. Let the muffins stand in the tin for 15 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack.
The muffins are good stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up 3 days.